Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cloony Tatting

I made an attempt at cloony tatting. Notice that I said attempt lol. I tried following the instructions in Advanced Fancy Pants and The Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones. I finally figured out how to wrap the loom by following pictures provided by Wally Sosa. A big thanks to Wally. I also used instructions provided by Mimi Dillman.

I managed to closed one leaf but still had a big loop left over with my shuttle thread (weaving thread). I definately need lots of Practice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Cham,

There is a "foot" you can make out of cardboard or plastic canvas which makes the weaving really easy. Email me and I'll send it to you.
ginab6 at yahoo dot com

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

well...on 2nd thought...I'll see if someone has a video. Ruth Perry has come up with a good way too although I haven't tried that one yet.
:-) gina

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home